Yemen rebels threaten to intensify their attacks on the Emirates

Yemen’s rebels threatened on Monday to intensify their attacks on the United Arab Emirates after shooting down two ballistic missiles over Abu Dhabi, their second attack in a week.

Houthi forces also fired a missile into southern Saudi Arabia, wounding two people, where another missile was also destroyed.

The Iranian-backed Houthis claimed to have attacked the Al Dhafra air base in Abu Dhabi, as well as “vital and important” locations in the Dubai area.

The attack, which comes a week after three people were killed in a drone and missile assault on Abu Dhabi, “achieved its objectives with great precision,” rebel military spokesman Yahya Saree said in a televised statement.

“We are prepared to expand the operation during the next phase and respond to the escalation with an escalation,” he added.

UAE authorities said they had intercepted two missiles over Abu Dhabi that left debris over the city, but did not report any strikes on Dubai.

Last week’s attack sparked a salvo of bombing raids on Yemen, where the Emirates is part of the Saudi-led coalition fighting Houthi rebels.

bur/mah/th/pjm/pc/zm



Reference-www.infobae.com

Leave a Comment