Argentina repudiated in the OAS the defense of the Nicaraguan dictatorship against the terrorist Rezai who attacked the AMIA

Santiago Cafiero and Alberto Fernandez

On Wednesday night, the government took another step in the direction of questioning Nicaragua’s position against the Iranian terrorist accused of blowing up the AMIA, Mohsen Razai. Until a few hours ago the measures taken by the Foreign Ministry were considered sufficient. However, after the ambassador of Daniel Ortega on the Organization of American States (OAS) maintained that the defendant in the Argentine Justice for the attack is welcome in that country despite international criticism, the administration of Alberto Fernández, from the same area, highlighted the country’s position in this regard.

“The Permanent Mission of the Argentine Republic to the Organization of American States expresses its strong rejection of the statements made by the Permanent Representative of Nicaragua, Ambassador Arturo McFields”, begins the message broadcast on the official Twitter account of Argentina at the OAS.

The statement adds that “Mohsen Rezai’s visit to Managua is condemned again” for constituting “an affront to Argentine justice and to the victims of the brutal attack that occurred on July 18, 1994 in the city of Buenos Aires”

“In consecuense, the Argentine government repudiates the reckless attitude from Ambassador McFields and urges Nicaraguan authorities to ensure compliance with INTERPOL Red Notices, of which they are a part, relating to the aforementioned terrorist act”, concludes the strong statement.

The statement via Twitter where Nicaragua's position is repudiated
The statement via Twitter where Nicaragua’s position is repudiated

The series of messages were released after the Nicaraguan representative to the OAS, Arthur McFields, defended the recent visit to his country by the Iranian official Rezai. The diplomat expressed himself in this way yesterday in front of the international claims for the presence of the Iranian during the debate on the requests to Interpol for the case.

The delegate of the Ortega government maintained: “Nicaragua, as a sovereign country, as an independent nation, and as a dignified people, can invite to its country whoever it wishes to the inauguration of President Daniel Ortega (…) If that person arrives with a good attitude, they will always have the Open doors,” he said.

Initially, in the government of Alberto Fernández, they assured Infobae that it was not necessary to provide statements in this regard, or take other measures. They considered the actions adopted in the last week to be sufficient, albeit belatedly, after the controversy that arose from the terrorist’s visit to Managua for the inauguration of Ortega. But finally progress was made with a new diplomatic action from the same sphere, the OAS.

Maduro, Mohsen Rezai, Daniel Ortega and Diaz Canel
Maduro, Mohsen Rezai, Daniel Ortega and Diaz Canel

The event has set the pace for the international policy of the Frente de Todos administration for the last ten days. especially because Capitanich participated alongside Razai. And instead of absenting himself, or repudiating him, or – as Interpol protocol indicates – alerting him to his presence, he remained silent and accompanied. Later, at the Casa Rosada they assured that it had been a case of “lack of information”. In other words, the previous intelligence had failed. And they point out that they acted immediately. “The Argentine government’s complaint to the Nicaraguan government was made as soon as the Iranian’s presence in Managua became known,” they said.

Given the strong criticism raised from that episode in the Argentine and international Jewish community, and the opposition of Together for Change, The government issued a statement that “condemned” Razai’s participation in Ortega’s inauguration ceremony.

Later, he took a further step with respect to the position he had been maintaining on the Nicaraguan government -moderate in the face of the questioned elections that violated civil and political rights that gave Ortega re-election last November-. Yesterday morning, together with the US representative to the OAS, Argentina requested in the Session of the OAS Permanent Council, through a jointly written note, that the Interpol red alerts that allow the arrest of fugitives from Justice be reactivated in all member countries. Later, the international body approved a conviction against Rezai.

“The Government sent a joint statement between Argentina and the US and other countries. He asked to support the efforts of Argentina so that justice is done in the attack on the AMIA, to condemn Rezai’s visit to Nicaragua and to our hemisphere; and request collaboration from all the members of the inter-American system and all the members of Interpol to act, in an appropriate manner, in relation to the Red Alerts related to the attack on the AMIA”, they enumerated from the Palacio San Martín.

Santiago Cafiero, yesterday with Antony Blinken
Santiago Cafiero, yesterday with Antony Blinken

The last diplomatic turn occurred after the meeting between Foreign Minister Santiago Cafiero and the Secretary of State of the United States, Antony Blinken, and after the government of Joseph Biden, in an informative statement about the meeting, express its “serious concern over the recent visit to Nicaragua by Iranian Vice President Mohsen Rezai, the subject of an Interpol Red Notice for aggravated homicide and damage in connection with the 1994 AMIA bombing, which killed 85 people in Buenos Aires.” The report highlighted that the two officials addressed “cooperation in efforts to bring to justice those suspected of complicity in the attack.”

In addition, the assistant secretary of the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs of the Department of State, Brian Nichols, who deals with issues related to Latin America, He wrote a harsh criticism on his social networks along the same lines, recalling that Ortega-Murillo were accompanied by “an Iranian implicated in the attack on the AMIA in Argentina.” “The hemisphere cannot look the other way while Ortega-Murillo undermine regional democracy and security,” he said. About Rezai a red alert from Interpol weighs: he is one of those accused of the AMIA bombing on July 18, 1994, when he was serving as Commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

After the positioning of the United States, Argentina took a series of condemnatory measures, and that is considered enough, for now. It is not expected that the claim of Rezai by the Nicaraguan government will result in new actions by the Argentine government, they assured the Government at the close of this edition.

KEEP READING:

Diplomatic turn: Argentina and the United States will ask the OAS to reactivate the red alerts against the Iranians accused of attacking the AMIA
The United States expressed its concern about the presence of a defendant for the attack on the AMIA at the inauguration of Ortega and demanded that Argentina have a solid economic program



Reference-www.infobae.com

Leave a Comment