Alec Baldwin turned over his phone to police in fatal shooting case on ‘Rust’ set

Alec Baldwin turned over his phone to police in fatal shooting case on ‘Rust’ set

The actor Alec Baldwin turned over his phone to authorities investigating the fatal shooting that killed “Rust” cinematographer, almost a month after a warrant was issued to seize the device.

Baldwin was fiddling with a revolver while rehearsing a scene on a set in New Mexico in October when he fired a live bullet resulting in the death of Halyna Hutchins.

Police are investigating why there was live ammunition in the recording studio and requested Baldwin’s phone in mid-December, arguing that it might contain “evidence” that it could be “relevant to the investigation”.

Baldwin’s iPhone was turned over to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, where he resides. Authorities will seek information from the device and turn it over to peers in the state of New Mexico, a Santa Fe County spokesman said.

The sheriff’s department has not yet received Baldwin’s phone information, the spokesman added. The researchers have said they want to see the messages and emails that Baldwin sent and received related to the project.

Baldwin was starring in and co-producing “Rust,” a low-budget western.

The actor exchanged emails with the film’s gunsmith discussing the type of weapon that would be used in the scene.

Exchanges between Baldwin’s attorney and his wife on the phone will not be turned over to authorities, according to an agreement between Baldwin and the Santa Fe district attorney.

The sheriff’s department said earlier that the negotiation over the “pjurisdictional concerns” delayed delivery of the phone.

Last Saturday, the actor published a video on Instagram in which he talks about various issues, including, randomly, the cell phone issue.

“Any insinuations that I don’t comply with requests, orders or commands related to my phone are bullshit, they are lies”, he said in the video.

No one has been arrested yet in this case.

Baldwin said in an interview with ABC that he did not feel guilty or responsible for Hutchins’ death. He claimed that he did not pull the trigger of the gun that killed his colleague.

Alec Baldwin speaking on TV about the death of Halyna Hutchins
Alec Baldwin speaking on TV about the death of Halyna Hutchins

At the beginning of December, the American interpreter offered an interview in prime time in which he assured that he did not pull the trigger and that he has cooperated with the authorities in the investigation of the death of his partner. “If I believed I was responsible for what happened, I would have killed myself.”Baldwin said through tears. “Somebody put live ammunition in that gun,” he said. “I can’t say who it was but it wasn’t me.”

“I would never point a gun at a person and pull the trigger, I would never”, asserted the actor, who also assured that “Not a day goes by that I don’t think” in fact.

the assistant director Dave Halls, as well as the chief of arms of the film, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, are among other team members who have come under scrutiny. Baldwin, Gutierrez Reed and Halls are three persons of special interest in the investigation since they were the last ones who touched the weapon before the fatal accident.

In the midst of the investigation into the death of Hutchins, the father of the director of photography gave some very harsh statements to the English newspaper The Sun and blamed Baldwin squarely for the tragedy. “It is clear to me that he is guilty of his death”, he sentenced.

(With information from AFP)

Keep reading:

Alec Baldwin explained why he didn’t turn over his cell phone to authorities investigating the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust”
Alec Baldwin explained why he didn’t turn over his cell phone to authorities investigating the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust”



Reference-www.infobae.com

Leave a Comment