Australia cancels Djokovic’s visa

Status: 01/14/2022 08:20 a.m

In the dispute over corona evidence, the Australian government has declared tennis player Djokovic’s visa invalid for the second time. He is also threatened with a three-year visa ban, said Australian Immigration Minister Hawke.

The Australian government has again canceled the entry visa of Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic in the dispute over corona evidence. That said the Australian Immigration Department.

Australian Immigration Minister Alex Hawke said he made the decision for health reasons and said it was in the public interest. Djokovic is also threatened with a three-year visa ban, Hawke said.

Djokovic can appeal the decision in court.

Djokovic wants to take part in the Australian Open, one of the most important tennis tournaments in the world, as the defending champion, which starts on Monday. The world number one, who was not vaccinated against Corona, traveled to Australia last week and referred to an exemption. However, the federal authorities had refused him entry. On the other hand, Djokovic had successfully taken legal action. However, the Department of Immigration said it was considering canceling the visa again. Djokovic admitted errors in his visa application on Wednesday.

Reference-www.tagesschau.de

Leave a Comment