This Monday, January 10, the operational “Peak and Plate” will begin for public holidays in Bogotá and ten neighboring municipalities of Cundinamarca.
The strategy designed jointly between the Mayor’s Office of Bogotá and the Government of Cundinamarca, is an extension of the vehicle restriction that existed in Soacha, Cundinamarca, and that, according to the governor, Nicolás García Bustos, “It is a measure that has positive effects on the mobility of entry to Bogotá.”
Mayor Claudia López explained the importance of the measure: “There will be a Peak and a Badge to enter the city of Bogotá on holiday bridges, starting with the holiday on Monday, January 10. It is a measure analyzed as a Metropolitan Region between the Bogotá mayor’s office, the Traffic Police, with the Cundinamarca Government and the neighboring municipalities of the capital and that will be applied during all public holidays in 2022 ″.
The Peak and Plate measure will apply in the nine entrance corridors to the city as of January 10, 2022, will maintain the exceptions for pandemics and will be mandatory for drivers.
Schedule yourself with the festive Peak and Badge in Bogotá
The circulation schedules will work in two shifts:
– trolleys with even plate –0, 2, 4, 6, 8– they enter from 12 m. a 4 p. m.
– carriages with odd plate –1, 3, 5, 7, 9– will have entry to Bogotá from 4 p. m. a 8 p. m.
Before noon and after 8 pm there will be no restrictions for entering Bogotá.
These are the nine corridors authorized to enter the capital
– North Freeway: from the Andes tollbooth to the north portal, north-south direction
– South highway: from the municipal limit of Soacha to Boyacá avenue, south – north direction
– Avenida Centenario (13th street): from the Bogotá river to the Ciudad de Cali avenue (avenida Carrera 86), west-east direction
– Avenida calle 80: from the guadua bridge to portal 80, west-east direction
– Avenida Carrera 7: from calle 245 to calle 183, north-south direction
– Avenida Boyacá via al Llano: from the Algerian Durán Quintero tunnel to the old road to Llano, south – north direction
– Via Suba – Cota: from the Bogotá river to 170th street avenue, north-south direction
Fines: The sanctions for non-compliance with the peak and plate measure are stipulated in the National Traffic Code for the violation C.14: “Transit through restricted sites or at hours prohibited by the competent authority. In addition, the vehicle will be immobilized”. The fine is equivalent to $ 447,000 in 2021.
Exceptions: Measurements such as “Pico y Placa Solidario” or the shared car, are still operational. It should be noted that the first makes it easier for citizens to apply for driving licenses for a day, a month or a semester, with differential rates depending on the characteristics of the vehicle. It must be managed through the website of the Mobility secretary.
For the exception for shared car, the drivers will register the trips in the mobility platform and the vehicle must always circulate, from the origin to the destination, with three or more occupants during the tour. Travel logs must be made every week.