The authorities of the State of Mexico (Edomex) announced what will be the dates and venues for the application of the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for children 15 to 17 years of age in 44 of the 125 municipalities that make up the Mexican territory. In these days, those young people born in 2007 who turn 15 years old in 2022 may also be vaccinated in the first dose.
In addition, the second dose will be applied to young people between 12 and 17 years of age with some comorbidity or risk factor; and in all modules, first and second doses will be applied to people over 18 years of age who for various reasons have not been immunized or have not been able to complete their scheme.
Thus, The supply of biologicals will begin on Monday, January 10, and the vaccination days will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ANDIn the case of those who will receive their second application, they must show proof of their first dose, while those who are vaccinated for the first time, must meet the following requirements:
1. Unique Population Registry Code (CURP) or birth certificate in the case of minors. Over 18 years old must present some official identification.
2. Printed record that can be obtained through the following link: www.mivacuna.salud.gob.mx
3. Proof of address of the municipality where you will be vaccinated
The application days will be carried out according to the following calendar:
– San Simón de Guerrero: January 10
– Ametepec, Luvianos, Tejupilco, Temascaltepec and Tlatlaya: January 10 and 11
– Cuautitlán and La Paz: from January 10 to 12
– Cuautitlán Izcalli and Tultitlán: from January 10 to 13
– Metepec, Zinacantepec and Zumpango: from January 10 to 13
– Toluca: from January 10 to 14
– Amecameca, Atlautla, Ayapango, Cocotitlán, Ecatzingo, Juchitepec, Ozumba, Temamatla, Tenango del Aire, Tepetlixpa and Tlalmanalco: January 11
– Nezahualcóyotl, Chalco, Ixtapaluca and Valle de Chalco: from January 12 to 14
– Coacalco: from January 12 to 15
-Almoloya del Río, Atizapán, Capulhuac, Chapultepec, Joquicingo, Mexicaltzingo, Rayón, San Antonio la Isla, Texcalyacac and Xalatlaco: January 13
– Calimaya, Tenango del Valle and Tianguistenco: January 13 and 14
– Almoloya de Juárez: from January 13 to 15
Edomex health authorities reiterated that the vaccine is free and safeTherefore, it is not necessary to spend the night or arrive at the modules at dawn and, as far as possible, they recommended trying to stagger their arrival at the venues so as not to expose themselves to long lines or crowds that put their health at risk.
Similarly, made a call for minors to come accompanied by an adult, preferably their mother, father or guardian and they urged the population to continue with preventive health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, even after having been vaccinated.
The Ministry of Health (SSa) made known that 82 million 407 thousand 688 people have been immunized against COVID-19; Of these, 91% have a complete scheme, which represents 74 million 503 thousand 608, and 9% are new schemes, equivalent to eight million 354 thousand 080.
As part of the National Vaccination StrategyOn Saturday, January 8, 480 thousand 491 doses were applied throughout the country, for a cumulative of 151 million 945 thousand 143 biologicals supplied since December 24, 2020.