The French justice opened two new investigations against Patrick Poivre d’Arvor, a former journalist and well-known former television presenter who was accused of rape by the writer Florence Porcel, the prosecution reported this Friday to the agency AFP.
The writer and journalist Florence Porcel, 38, accused the former presenter of the network’s news TF1 if there is Forced to have sex in 2004 and ordered to do fellatio in 2009.
Porcel collected his traumatic experience in Pandorini, a story published on January 6. In it, a young 19-year-old student who dreams of being an actress meets the irresistible Jean-Yves Pandorini, interpreter 40 years older and capable of overriding his will under intense influence. Between 2004 and 2009 he suffered several sexual abuse on his part.
“I’m not going to lie to you: it’s my story. If I turned it into fiction it is because I cannot give its name ”, Florence said days after posting it on her social media. The regional newspaper The Parisian investigated and identified the fictitious tenorio: Patrick Poivre d’Arvor. Some time later, the writer filed the complaint.
The first complaint against the former presenter, who denies all the accusations, was dismissed at the end of June by the Nanterre prosecutor’s office, on the outskirts of Paris, due to “prescription” of the facts and because there was “insufficient evidence.”
But the events of 2009 that had been dismissed for lack of evidence are being analyzed again by the investigators, the prosecution told the AFP, confirming a string information TF1-LCI.
In addition, the Nanterre prosecutor’s office opened another investigation against Patrick Poivre d’Arvor for an accusation brought last week by a woman who claims the journalist raped her at the 1985 Cannes festival, when she was 23, an incident that seems to be prescribed.
According to one source, The prosecution also opened the investigation since “it is important to carry out verifications on the facts before determining whether they have prescribed or not.”
This same source indicated that the “wave of accusations”Against the journalist“ encourages to verify ”the complaints.
According to a count carried out by the AFP, At least 27 women have testified before investigators or the press accusing the journalist of rape, sexual assault or harassment, including two people who were minors at the time of the events. Eleven of them filed complaints.
(With AFP information)