After failures: 110 and 112 can be reached again in many places

Status: 11/11/2021 8:46 a.m.

The large-scale disruptions to the emergency numbers 110 and 112 have been remedied in many regions. The cause of the failure is currently being investigated, announced the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief.

After a nationwide failure of the emergency numbers 110 and 112, several federal states have given the all-clear. This was announced by the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance (BBK). Citizens were previously called upon to call the local police stations or the fire brigades at their locations directly in an emergency.

Berlin fire brigade not yet available

In Berlin, the 110 can be reached again. For the emergency number 112 of the fire brigade, this all-clear does not yet apply, said a spokesman for the Berlin fire brigade.

Apparently no more malfunctions have been reported in NRW since about 7 a.m. A spokesman for the state control center of the police said that a corresponding message from Telekom is still being verified. Therefore, all forces of the night duty of the police authorities are still on duty for the time being. “We continue to have everything we have in presence on the streets.”

Meanwhile, there was also the all-clear from Baden-Württemberg, where the emergency numbers 110 and 112 were mostly available again in the morning. An end to the disruptions in both numbers was also reported from Lower Saxony. The 112 could also be reached again in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, as the rescue control center announced.

In the districts of Kiel, Rendsburg-Eckernförde and Plön in Schleswig-Holstein, the emergency numbers 110 and 112 could also be reached again by phone.

Similar incident in September

There were warning messages from the BBK from the federal states of Brandenburg, Baden-Württemberg, Schleswig-Holstein, Lower Saxony, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Saxony-Anhalt, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland as well as from the major cities of Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Frankfurt am Main . The cause was initially unknown.

There was already a widespread failure of the emergency numbers in Germany at the end of September. At that time, the police and fire brigade could not be reached for up to 40 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *