The Electoral Council of Venezuela opened an investigation of 4 candidates from the November 21 elections

The Electoral Council of Venezuela opened an investigation of 4 candidates for the November 21 elections

The National Electoral Council (CNE) of Venezuela opened an investigation against four candidates for regional and municipal elections to be held on November 21 for “violations of regulations” on electoral propaganda.

The applicants investigated are David Uzcátegui, who opts for the position of governor of Miranda, due to the presence of children in his electoral propaganda; Luis Eduardo Martínez, candidate for governor of Aragua, for using regional symbols; Hector Rodriguez, candidate to be reelected governor of Miranda, for combining the campaign with the performance of his position; and Gustavo Duque, candidate for Mayor of Chacao, for the use of public resources in the campaign.

In addition, as specified by the CNE in a message on the social network Twitter, Various political parties and organizations are also being investigated, including the opposition Bureau of Democratic Unity, for “the use of national symbols in his campaign.”

The agency detailed that the candidates in question had already been informed of their faults, for which they have also decided as a precautionary measure to suspend their electoral propaganda on television.

The CNE is also investigating the opposition organization Mesa de Unidad Democrática for violations of the regulations governing elections.
The CNE is also investigating the opposition organization Mesa de Unidad Democrática for violations of the regulations governing elections.

The Venezuelan Unitary Platform, the country’s main opposition bloc, will participate in the November elections, although several of its main representatives, such as Juan Guaidó, have warned that the elections will not be “free.”

This week, the rector of the National Electoral Council (CNE) of Venezuela Roberto Picón warned that 17 leaders and candidates nominated for the regional and local elections, to be held on November 21, have been disqualified by the Comptroller General.

In a message on his Twitter account, the official assured that, Since May, when the current CNE rectors were appointed, they have received 24 political disqualifications, 17 of them corresponding to citizens who were nominated for the next elections.

Venezuela is heading towards the regional and municipal elections of 2021
Venezuela is heading towards the regional and municipal elections of 2021

Picón said that “the discretionary use of the disqualification from holding public office violates the political rights of the citizen. The constitution establishes that it can only be suspended after a ‘final judicial sentence in the cases determined by law’, which does not happen ”.

Article 65 of the Venezuelan Constitution states that “those who have been convicted or convicted of crimes committed during the exercise of their functions and others that affect the public patrimony, within the time established by law, will not be able to opt for any position of popular election, from the completion of the sentence and according to the seriousness of the crime ”.

In addition, Picón stressed the need to solve, “at least partially”, the problem of political disqualifications of candidates nominated in these elections.

(With information from Europa Press)

KEEP READING:

Diosdado Cabello threatened the opposition and said that they will give him “a wallow” in the regional elections
Caritas warned that growth retardation in Venezuelan children is worsening
Collaborators of the ICC in Venezuela denounce harassment by the regime of Nicolás Maduro



Reference-www.infobae.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *